Confessions from an Ex Fat Boy

Why Breakfast contribute to weight loss ???

Posted On 9:39 PM by Keeven |


What is Breakfast? Simple. Breakfast simply means breaking the fast. Its because we haven't ate anything since the night before but our body continues to burn energy while we sleep. Therefore, we have to refuel first thing in the morning considering we have not ate for several hours.

In the past, I confessed I usually skip breakfast as I thought that would cut down on calories. I was desperate to lose my weight in the past that I made a choice not to have breakfast. But oh god I was wrong. When I skip breakfast, I was agitated and restless. I could not stay focus at work. I was usually at starving stage by the time it was lunch. Hence, this cause me to overeat my lunch. Because I have an empty tank, my blood sugar levels are low. This leads my lunch to be high in sugar and fat. Besides, this causes my cravings for chips to amplify. In turn, overeating places undue stress on your body and can result in unwanted weight gain. Skipping breakfast has no benefits for weight loss.

So now, What makes a good breakfast? It need not necessary be cereals, bread, pancake and etc. As long as foods consume contribute to an overall balanced diet, it will be fine. Example of good breakfast are: A glass of skim milk, oats, whole wheat toast (cut down on the butter), eggs (try consume less of the yolk) or a glass of fruit juice. I personally prefer a high carbs high protein breakfast. A sufficient amount of carbs are needed to fuel me through the morning and preventing me to consume more carbs the next meal. I post a photo of what I have for breakfast today. Scramble eggs, red beans, 2 slices of whole wheat bread and a glass of milk.

Put some effort into preparing your breakfast as you will want something that looks appealing to you in the morning. Stop making excuses that you do not have the time. If you really do not have time, grab an apple or breakfast bar. Prepare your breakfast the night before. That will definitely save time.

So enjoy your breakfast!!
2 Response to 'Why Breakfast contribute to weight loss ???'
  1. Diane, Fit to the Finish
    http://keevenlim.blogspot.com/2009/09/why-breakfast-contribute-to-weight-loss.html?showComment=1252006839840#c7329493690350112007'> September 4, 2009 at 3:40 AM

    That's a great idea to prepare, or at least decide what to have for breakfast the night before.

    I confess that I'm not the biggest breakfast eater, and tend to eat a little later in the morning when I get hungry.

    Thanks for this great post!

     

  2. Kai
    http://keevenlim.blogspot.com/2009/09/why-breakfast-contribute-to-weight-loss.html?showComment=1252968816590#c231164112522812007'> September 15, 2009 at 6:53 AM

    I used to think that way too about skipping breakfast to lose calories.

    I recommend you eat more oatmeal in replace of whole wheat bread because bread is processed and has added sugar even though it is "healthy".

    Saw some of your before/after pictures and you are looking amazing!