Confessions from an Ex Fat Boy

Merdeka - Earn your freedom...

Posted On 7:29 PM by Keeven |


Happy Independence Day to all Malaysians!! Hope you are enjoying the public holiday with your amazing fellow Malaysians. I know I am. TODAY, all Malaysians celebrate the day Tunku Abdul Rahman, Malaysia's first prime minister declared "Merdeka" (Freedom) for the country in 1957. The day Malaysia finally broke free from colonial rule. The day the hardships of our ancestors finally make sense.

Nothing can describe freedom. Freedom is everything to me. Its the smell of success, fulfillment, victory yet it reminds me of hardship, pain and sweat. I have taken the time to celebrate my freedom from fat, from weight issues, from food, from myself. For this, I am thankful to God. Today, I confessed I love reading what you shared in your posts and I sincerely wish that one day all of you here will be celebrating your own Independence Day. You will be the person you ought to be. No longer you need to hear the word obesity, fat or overweight. You will finally be FREE!!! MERDEKA!
1 Response to 'Merdeka - Earn your freedom...'
  1. lyricgirl
    http://keevenlim.blogspot.com/2009/08/merdeka-earn-your-freedom.html?showComment=1251818514779#c993182494606296737'> September 1, 2009 at 11:21 PM

    Thanks for stopping my blog and the comment. I am so happy to be part of this wonderful community. You have done an awesome job on your weight lost. I look forward to reading more. Thanks for sharing.