Confessions from an Ex Fat Boy

First Confession

Posted On 8:50 PM by Keeven |


Well, today, I'm going to make my very first confession in this blog. Have you ever experience eating a delicious meal with your friend at a favorite dining place, and as you get up from the table, you find your belly popping out like a big air balloon. You then, only realize you have overeaten and feeling slightly guilty.

I confessed, that was what used to happen to me and it just happened again today. I met up with an old classmate and we had lunch at Black Canyon Coffee. I ordered beef spaghetti. It taste all right. But not worth for the amount you are paying. We catch up, reminiscing the good old days in high school. Not trying to show off, but I kind of like being compliment by him for my new found body. An hour later, we ordered tuna sandwiches and a bowl of salad. And before I realized it, I was already burping.

In the past, I used to be dreading the whole day, blaming myself for being so weak and useless. When I recall now,I used to sabotage myself with words like: “I am such a loser”, “I am freaking hopeless", "I will never be thin" and many other negative statements. If you find yourself doing the same thing, STOP IT right now! You gain nothing for blaming yourself.

So what should you do the next time you overeat?

This is what I usually do. Every time a negative situation occur, I will come up with a way in which that could be perceived as a positive. For example, in this case, I overate with my friend, I might respond "at least now I can tell you how's the food there"

The purpose here is not to convince yourself to be happy about something you're not. but rather to recognize and increase your capacity to find the positive in the midst of a challenge. Now, try practicing this...

1. Think of something you are not happy about in your weight loss journey.
2. Now come up with as many ways it could be perceived as a good thing.

Remember, to achieve a positive weight loss, start embracing the positive !
4 Response to 'First Confession'
  1. Lisa Sargese
    http://keevenlim.blogspot.com/2009/08/first-confession.html?showComment=1251472085399#c3778662000989676940'> August 28, 2009 at 11:08 PM

    I am ALL about embracing the positive! I'm learning that keeping my focus on getting thin was making me sicker and fatter. Now my focus is on health. With a healthy life comes strength, recovery from illness and a lean body. Thanks for sharing with us! This is a very encouraging blog :-)

     

  2. Keeven
    http://keevenlim.blogspot.com/2009/08/first-confession.html?showComment=1251516262942#c3064479983318357784'> August 29, 2009 at 11:24 AM

    Thanks for dropping a comment. Good that you have take this weight loss in a positive way. I totally agree with you. We should always strive for a healthy life. You'll do great.

     

  3. Kristin Pizzi
    http://keevenlim.blogspot.com/2009/08/first-confession.html?showComment=1251538042982#c8385687397101078783'> August 29, 2009 at 5:27 PM

    Great advice!

     

  4. Jay
    http://keevenlim.blogspot.com/2009/08/first-confession.html?showComment=1251697166627#c2575153858470702114'> August 31, 2009 at 1:39 PM

    I think it has happened to most of us. There's one time I was practically dragged by my colleagues to this restaurant. They wanted me to try a local dish called Rojak, which I haven't touched for 4 to 5 years. I ate the dish with a sigh even though hell, I have to admit that it was delicious. lol

    Then it struck my mind, "By George, this is fried food!"

    Case on point, I don't eat fried food since I started out my weight loss journey.

    Whoa, I felt so ... not upset but bad for betraying myself.

    So to redeem myself, I did something crazy. I walked home from my office by feet. It was a 2 hour 10 minutes walk. lol

    It was crazy but I was happy with what I did.

    Regards,

    JJ