Confessions from an Ex Fat Boy

How is your life after losing weight?

Posted On 10:08 PM by Keeven |


What do you expect after you lose weight? How would you imagine your life will be? For starters, you might be jumping up the roof. And honestly, you should. You have gone through HELL and god knows how much you suffer to achieve the body you have today. Give yourself a peck in the back. But like what other large changes you go through in life, we are bound back to our day-to-day routine. We are constantly adjusting. If we are bless with more money in life, we laugh about it, enjoyed the new found wealth together and we adjust to our more lavish life. If we lose a lover, we cry and mourn but we eventually adjust and move on.

Similarly, I am adjusting to the fact that I am about 60 pounds lighter than I was a few years ago. It's not like I spend every moment thinking "Oh My God, I'm finally there!". But I do feel it in some way about it sometime. For example when I'm sitting in my chair I realize how much space there actually is now. I also realized that sometimes when I'm watching TV, I will unconsciously touch my chest, feeling it with my hands and at the same time feeling proud that I actually felt muscle. It may sound silly. But that's what happen to me. But I think everyone of us deserved to feel better about themselves as we now look better and know have accomplished something that a lot of people strive for. The feeling of walking down the hall without the pain in my knees and enjoying my increased mobility is simply hard to believe. No longer need I feel like a walking snow man (imagine the 3 round balls of snow that make up a snowman). And of course - SEX! If you know you look better, you'll feel better naked. And of course you should be getting more sex and enjoying it more!

So like all human beings who functions better with goals assigned, I am currently challenging my body to bulk up on mass and tone up by the end of this year. Hopefully I would continue living a healthy life. Well, that's all I ever wanted. What else can I ask for? What would you ask for?

Keeven

Ex Fat Boy
2 Response to 'How is your life after losing weight?'
  1. Lincoln Bryden
    https://keevenlim.blogspot.com/2009/09/how-is-your-life-after-losing-weight.html?showComment=1252595641775#c677545080028203961'> September 10, 2009 at 11:14 PM

    Losing weight is definately a mental shift as well as a physical shift. To make sure that you keep the weight off you need to accept the fat that you are slimmer and that the increased confidence and self esteem is a positive change that should be cherished and used to keep the weight off long term.

     

  2. Annie, The Amazing Shrinking Girl
    https://keevenlim.blogspot.com/2009/09/how-is-your-life-after-losing-weight.html?showComment=1252625149646#c4710296660655185716'> September 11, 2009 at 7:25 AM

    Yup, getting used to the weight being gone is one of the hard (but good!) things about weight-loss!

    Great job! And see you at my exercise challenge! 365-miles!