Confessions from an Ex Fat Boy

Creatine 101

Posted On 11:16 AM by Keeven |

Does all this sounds familiar - "Creatine does not work for me" or "Creatine causes me to retain water" or "Creatine upsets my stomach." Creatine is still the most effective muscle building supplement ever for those that understand how and when it is used as an energy source in the body.

How do I know this?


Well, I was previously on Creatine during my massing phase. And I have to confessed it gave me huge gains. When my friends ask me how did you gain so fast? The secret was creatine. Creatine was the substance which gave me the extra edge during training. It was the key to building powerful skeletal muscle—huge biceps, defined “diamond” triceps, big pecs and more. Basically it improves my performance for high-intensity exercises and maximize my workouts.

How does creatine work to get you huge muscles?
Creatine is a naturally occurring amino acid that is generated in the human body, as well as ingested as part of a natural meat-eating diet. Your liver and kidneys produce small amounts of creatine and if you eat meat, particularly fish like tuna and herring, you gain more natural creatine that in turn becomes available to your skeletal muscles. But if you’re looking to pack on muscle bulk fast then these natural sources are not enough.

Creatine is related to ATP. ATP, or adenosine triphosphate, is made by the body’s mitochondria. ATP is used by the body’s cells to create energy. When the cells encounter stress, they are unable to produce adequate amounts of ATP. This causes muscles fatigue and in long tern the cells to age and possibly become infected with disease. So,the more ATP you make available to your muscles the more energy created to power bodybuilding and boost performance in bursty sports, like sprinting, rowing, bodybuilding. Normal levels of ATP allow you only a few seconds of high-intensity energy. Creatine helps by converting to ATP and burns for about six or seven seconds at nearly 100 percent muscle contraction. Knowing this tells us how we must train to get the best results with creatine. A weight training set needs to be completed with in ten to twelve seconds, which means heavy weight and low reps.

In a nutshell, Creatine fuels ATP development, which means:

* Sustained high intensity and power workouts
* More energy for muscle contraction
* Vastly improved power and muscle size
* You workout longer, stronger and get to see the results in the mirror.

Do you know how much CREATINE you should be taking? Calculate your intake Free at Bodybuilding.com!

1 Response to 'Creatine 101'
  1. Jay
    https://keevenlim.blogspot.com/2009/09/creatine-101.html?showComment=1254639120871#c727033817443768613'> October 4, 2009 at 2:52 PM

    I only use Whey Protein.

    I do consider of taking Creatine though.

    What brand are you using?

    Regards,

    JJ