Confessions from an Ex Fat Boy

Coffee Dieting: Coffee Calories

Posted On 9:39 PM by Keeven |




The internet connection nowadays are really bad. Every time when it rains, basically I have zero connectivity. And that's really frustrating as I really love updating my blog and reading what other bloggers have to share as well. And when all hopes are gone, suddenly my internet when alive! I'm so excited now.

So, yesterday, a nice chap at the gym approached me. His name is David. We chit chat a little, exchange name cards and trying out new workouts. David asked me a very good question and I want to share it with all of you. He asked me - "I'm trying to lose weight. But I really love coffee. Can I still drink coffee?"

I feel it would be great to really clear the considerable confusion over coffee calories. Plus, I confessed I'm a great fan of coffee as well.

So I told David - A plain cup of brewed coffee contains almost zero calories. It's how you dress up your coffee that makes a difference in the fat, sugar and calorie count — and your weight-loss plans.

Well, that's true isn't it?

When we talk about about coffee calories, what are we actually talking about? The truth is the additives we put in it. We tend to sweeten the bitterness with milk, sugar, or cream. And they are these additives that are going to add up the calories.
So what happens to coffee lover is basically this - the larger the drink volume, the more additives you will be adding in. The more additives you add in, the more calories you are consuming. Period.

So the tip to coffee dieting is simple. Just take the time to consider how would you flavor your coffee by reading the product labels of your sweeteners. So basically one tablespoon is estimated around 15ml. If you add 1 tablespoon of sugar, you'll add roughly 50 calories. If you choose to add 1 tablespoon of whipping cream, you'll be adding more than 50 calories and 5 grams of fat to a cup of coffee. However, on the other hand, one tablespoon of fat-free milk adds only 5 calories.

Remember not to take thing likely at the local coffee bar. What goes into the brew you order also matters. Before ordering, check out the nutrition information provided by the coffee bar. You can also check it online.

In addition, I've heard many rumors on the effectiveness of caffeine as a fat burner. Well, all I can say is currently, there is no research that can prove caffeine helps enhance fat decomposition. In my opinion, it is the disadvantages that worries me. Overdose of drinking coffee also has bad influence on bone, irregular heart beat and etc.

So to conclude this, reduce the amount of additives you put into your coffee and you'll successfully reduce a significant amount of Calories from your diet. If your interested in coffee dieting, you can carefully choose your type of coffee by referring to the chart above. Remember less additives less calories! Happy coffee dieting!


4 Response to 'Coffee Dieting: Coffee Calories'
  1. Diane, Fit to the Finish
    https://keevenlim.blogspot.com/2009/09/coffee-dieting-coffee-calories.html?showComment=1253214928748#c2038555016528384642'> September 18, 2009 at 3:15 AM

    This a really good post. I'm a coffee drinker, but gave up adding any sweeteners in long ago. Sometimes I mix a French Roast flavor with a little bit of a Hazlenut Flavored Coffee to give it more of a flavor.

    I developed an affection for the taste of coffee without the sweeteners. Great post!

     

  2. Annie, The Amazing Shrinking Girl
    https://keevenlim.blogspot.com/2009/09/coffee-dieting-coffee-calories.html?showComment=1253231295475#c1654859009964598580'> September 18, 2009 at 7:48 AM

    I'm not a coffee drinker, simply because of the way I need to 'dress it up' but love the post.

    Hey, I remember that you said you were gonna join me in my 365-mile Challenge... it starts tomorrow... so get ready! Check out my recent post for the official 'rules'.

     

  3. SL
    https://keevenlim.blogspot.com/2009/09/coffee-dieting-coffee-calories.html?showComment=1253234308541#c5364707643222538953'> September 18, 2009 at 8:38 AM

    Coffee is one vice I don't have. Diet coke on the other hand ... :)

     

  4. Lose Weight
    https://keevenlim.blogspot.com/2009/09/coffee-dieting-coffee-calories.html?showComment=1416889454705#c6488762278086934880'> November 25, 2014 at 12:24 PM

    drink very beneficial to the diet. but coffe ithink no